Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Its all about the love


This morning, I had a hard time getting into my praise and worship time. I was being mentally flooded with the most random thoughts and a sense of urgency that I had something else that I needed to be doing. I literally had to pray and ask God to take away whatever was in the way of me spending this time with him. I finally got into that realm where you feel like you are in the throne room and you are singing his praises and showing him your love with your voice....its a beautiful place to be. Got a little lost in it but when I came out of the meditation of it all, I just felt so rejuvenated and so ready for the day. I was just about to start my bible study of the day (I am just beginning the "entrusted" bible study series from Beth Moore) when I had the brilliant idea to go past that last song on Facebook to share the awesome praise music that I was just lost in. My thinking is that maybe someone will click on it and they will get to experience the love and peace and awesomeness of one on one time with God in song. 

I know most of the people on my list probably chalk it up to another of my 'religious' posts....maybe even with an eye roll inserted there. And can you blame them??

As soon as Im done clicking the "post" button, my newsfeed comes up and I have 2 breaking news posts from local news channels at the top of my newsfeed and they read....

"Authorities digging in the back yard of suspect involved in the missing persons case of....."
(sadly, I don't even know which missing person because there seems to be an extreme rise here lately in missing people, which is heartbreaking!)
and
"Flint Police officer in critical condition after being stabbed at local airport"

My heart sank....

then as I scrolled down a few, I see another little girl is missing and I just wanted to go back into my little praise bubble and shut it all off! I stopped asking God "why?" a long time ago because I finally got an answer.....God will not go against our will. He is not a puppeteer! He gave us our own will and unfortunately there are people who don't have good intentions...they don't have a will to do good and they operate in evil instead. Because of these people, we are all at risk of tragedies and heart break.

To me, the answer is simple....

Share with them that God is love! He made them and he loves them and all they need to do is believe.

Then I think on that for a minute and can't help but feel a little discouraged!

Christians have given Christ such a bad rep!! The judgment and hypocrisy is an epidemic in Christianity! We don't even need outside sources to tear us down because we are doing it to ourselves. You have denominations against denominations and pointing fingers and spreading guilt, shame and condemnation instead of the love that we are called to spread. It angers me...frustrates me...just makes me want to slap some people which I suppose isn't the healthiest way to feel but...
uuggghhh!!!
This world is in need of God now more than ever! This world needs real love spread around for EVERYONE! Shame on these christians for tearing down the church! I don't know what Bible people are reading these days but my Bible says, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."(--Romans 10:9-10)

That is what makes us "christians" and anything beyond that is just judgment! 
KNOCK IT OFF!!!



God deals with us on an individual basis and the Bible also says that he reveals to us what we need to have revealed. If someone says they are a christian, it doesn't mean they are perfect...it means they are admitting that they are FAR FROM PERFECTION and they need God to save them and help them navigate life. WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT and the boat belongs to God so stop trying to throw people off without a freaking life jacket!! 
You cannot operate in love and spread hate and judgment. the Bible says, "There is therefore now NO condemnation for those that believe in Christ Jesus."(--Romans 8:1) So stop trying to bring people under condemnation. Realize that we "have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God"(--Romans 3:23) and "God is no respecter of persons"(--Acts 10:34)  He accepts us all! Once we realize this we will be able to love and accept others as well and THIS WORLD IS DYING AND NEEDS GODS LOVE! 
Seriously!! its time for us, as christians, to GET REAL!
Are you in or are you out?


The next step is figuring out how we are going to share this love with a world who thinks we are full of blasphemous crap? The change starts with us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment