Saturday, November 5, 2016

America....the great?


I grew up thinking that anyone who wanted to be president could be if they took the necessary path to get there. I never really thought about "party politics". Recently, Ku ~my oldest son who is in college now~ had to do a paper on wether or not our voting system works 'as is' and he always asks me to proof read his papers. After reading his opinion on it, I decided to research this subject myself and I am so disappointed in what Ive found.

Our system is broken! Democrats and Republicans control everything! There are other parties who have their own ideals and a following but a vote for them is useless in the long run because electoral votes are what's going to decide the outcome of the election and these smaller parties don't stand a chance to the big bullies in Washington. Something needs to change!

After years of proudly professing to be an outspoken republican, I have found that after MANY hours of research and sticking to my most important issues, I am actual more of a Constitutionist. Its ok if you don't like my conclusion. We are all allowed to have our own opinion. I am just saddened that everyone I talk to has no clue what the Constitution Party is let alone who their candidate is. And a vote for the small guy that no one knows is a wasted vote in our current voting system. :(

Its sad because the core beliefs of the Constitution Party are what Ive always been so passionate about...and I never even knew this party existed until a few weeks ago while studying the voting system. To me, I sum it up like this....I am a Christian. I am very passionate about the Bible and what it says. Would I listen to people who told me that they needed to update the Bible for current times? Absolutely not! I feel the same way about the Constitution. I feel like I fit in more with this party.

I will never vote "straight party"...ever! I will always study the issues that I am passionate about and of course the candidates that will fight for the issues most important to me, but this is definitely the party I am now interested the most in. The results of this election are scary already. It's sad that our country has gone this far in the wrong direction but I won't give up hope that one day we will turn it around and bring it back to what it was supposed to be when our forefathers put everything in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment